As a native of Clarendon, Jamaica, I am committed to serving Jamaica and our community of Mandeville with the best possible orthodontic care. My passion for meeting people and making a positive impact on their lives is evident in everything I do. I am very caring and compassionate, and I have a great connection with my patients. I am also an attorney-at-law and certified mediator.
Before starting Mandeville Orthodontics, I received many years of education and training. In order to keep up with the latest technologies and give my patients the most up-to-date care possible, I am involved in continuing education.
- Glenmuir High School – 1981
- The University of the West Indies, BSc (Hons) – 1985
- Howard University – DDS, 1992
- Veteran Administration Hospital New Jersey – dental residency, 1993
- Columbia University – orthodontics certification, 1995
- University of London – LLB (Hons), 2008
- Norman Manley Law School – LEC, 2011
Awards and Recognition
In my years of education, I was fortunate enough to be awarded much recognition for excellence that reflects my passion for the field.
- National Dental Honor Society: Omicron Kappa Upsilon Pi Pi chapter
- Howard University: valedictorian
- American Cancer Society Award
- Northwestern Society of Periodontics Award for Excellence
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Undergraduate Award
- Howard University Undergraduate Award for Oral Diagnosis
- Leroy Palmer Prosthodontics Award
- Department of Restorative Dentistry Award
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Jamaica Dental Association
- Columbia University Alumni Association
- Howard University Alumni
- American Academy of Forensic Scientists (AAFS) Member
- World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) member
Outside the Practice
Over the years, I have made many trusting and long-lasting relationships with the many wonderful people I have treated and am an active community member. I serve on the school board and executive committees. I sponsor annual summer internships as well as several school and community events, from health fairs to beauty pageants. I also do mediations as a service to our community
I have been married since 1990 and and have two children, Janell and William. I enjoy gardening, listening to music, reading, and spending time with my family and friends.